Skip to main content

Numbers, Interest, Thinking and more...


In 2005, I bought a brand new Grand Caravan for Dora. At that time, our old Van, was ready for the junk and I owed more than 10 grand for that, because when I bought the Pontiac, I got a high interest rate (23%). So, they took my Pontiac, paid off my balance and I got a new Grand Caravan with a more decent interest rate: 14.8%. Anyway it was a high interest. Now in 2008 (Two and a half years later), my Grand Caravan was with 45,000 miles, and I had a debit for other five years, paying the balance of my loan at almost 15% I.R. Making me pay almost 13,000 on interest over my original debit. Well, after we check our credit score, now we qualified for a lower interest rate, so if we traded our van now, at the end we will end paying only 7800 dollars on interest and few extra dollars a month, so my happy wife drove today her brand new Grand Caravan, with rotary chairs, table, automatic doors for one more year commitment that my previous financial arrangement.

How important is to know about your credit score, interest rates, long term deals in order to make the right decision, On the past, I made not the best decisions based only on my perception, but one of the ethos at Flamingo Road Church is: Thinking. Thinking is about to think (Obvious) and try to view the wider picture on the decisions we make every day. To reach our God’s potential; we must apply values to our life in all areas. The fruits will show on your family life.

Thanks God for our New Grand Caravan

Comments

  1. Felicidades!! Por su nuevo auto!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Her and daniela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo having a Chrysler fixation, are we? lol no, really, congrats on the new van dad...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a time to drop a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Carrasco's... A Little bit of history, Part III

I know just a little about my grand grand parents, but I have the names and a picture. Lucecita García Luna and Blas Carrasco, they had 19 kids… It's obvious there no was TV on that time. One of their sons, Eduardo Carrasco García Luna, married María Contreras Nuñez, who was daughter of Vicentita Nuñez and Teodoro Contreras. They had five kids: Natalia, Eduardo, Alicia Solveigh, Manuel and Lolita. My Grandpa Eduardo used to work for the city of Tlalnepantla and he was recognized because his honest service. He was also a talented self taught musician, he played piano, violin and other musical instruments. He was always a family man, and he died in the early 60’s. I barely remember when he past away. It is one of my first memories, and it was a painful process for the family. My grandma moved from Tlalnepantla to Mexico city to live close to his two sisters Margarita (Mago) and Linda. Grandma was a faithful woman. I remember her as a devoted Christian Catholic. She walked every day f

Truth or dare?

One of the things that is surprising to me today, is the low value that many people assign to their own promises. Teenagers don't believe their parents, because they never fulfill their promises; Couples say "I'll stand by you forever" and few months later they walk on the opposite direction; politicians make promises to earn votes, and once the election is done, they forgot about it. I remember one of the first things I learned from my grandmother it was the value of my word. "A gentleman always fulfill his promises, a man with no word has no honor" and I learned to live by that principle. Few weeks ago, I was having a discussion with one of the leaders on the youth ministry at Flamingo Road Church about some technical difficulties we were experiencing during the broadcasting of our Student Service online, and I challenged him to fix the failures, so if he would complete the task with no errors, I will do my hair like him... (He had a Mohawk haircut with

One of my happiest days

My son's Grad picture! I present you to the Lic. Jose Alejandro de la Mora