Skip to main content

20 Minutes late…


To understand the value of a year, just ask a student who failed one, to understand a month, ask to a mother who give birth early, to understand the value of a week, ask to the editor of “Weekly News” paper. To understand the value of a day, ask to the lovers are waiting to see each other. To understand the value of an hour, ask to a nurse who is taking care of medication at a hospital. To understand the value of a minute, ask a friend who lost the flight because he was one minute late. To understand the value of a second, ask a person who avoided a car accident, just for a second. To understand the value of a fraction of a second, ask to a runner pursuing to break a record… I can see how important is to understand the value of the time in our lives. Today I was awaken 20 minutes late… Come on… just 20 minutes, I just jump out of bed, and ran to check the live feed… already started. And I missed the recording of the Devotion first part, and I just started the day without my personal quiet time… from that minute until few moments ago, I ran all day long… on the morning, we had several technical difficulties, because during the night we experienced power outages, and caused the cameras to start failing. To explain this on simple words: One camera fails, all the system is down. So at some point all the equipment was crazy, the computer hanging, and we lost signal from two cameras… then another power outage, and we just where about to install the two battery backup for the cameras, and the only one who was working was off too… so we switched to the Mobile unit… (Thanks God we have it ready) and after several tests, we where able to be back on track… after that I was able to start looking at the videos and try to fix the lost morning video adding the scripture some music and then the video. I uploaded on YouTube and I went to pickup my daughters from school and to take them to seek a B-day present for my beloved angel, and trying to be back in time for the Naked Couch Chat… Finally I was able to have a little peace… so I’m going to bed now… and I’m sure, tomorrow I’ll be on time… here are some today’s pictures.

Comments

  1. Hello Pastor Arturo

    How did your brother do in his surgical procedure today? I will pray for a speedy recovery and a complete healing and restoration.
    Joel Milian from
    Monday Nights Men's

    P.S. When are you coming back and visit and share with us again.

    How are you tonight ?

    I hope BLESSED ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joe:

    Yes, as soon as we finished with my naked pastor I'll have some time to share with you, I miss my Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're doing a good job arturo don;t worry so much. i hope you and dora take a long break after this you deserve it. thanks for following God and moving to Florida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a time to drop a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Carrasco's... A Little bit of history, Part III

I know just a little about my grand grand parents, but I have the names and a picture. Lucecita García Luna and Blas Carrasco, they had 19 kids… It's obvious there no was TV on that time. One of their sons, Eduardo Carrasco García Luna, married María Contreras Nuñez, who was daughter of Vicentita Nuñez and Teodoro Contreras. They had five kids: Natalia, Eduardo, Alicia Solveigh, Manuel and Lolita. My Grandpa Eduardo used to work for the city of Tlalnepantla and he was recognized because his honest service. He was also a talented self taught musician, he played piano, violin and other musical instruments. He was always a family man, and he died in the early 60’s. I barely remember when he past away. It is one of my first memories, and it was a painful process for the family. My grandma moved from Tlalnepantla to Mexico city to live close to his two sisters Margarita (Mago) and Linda. Grandma was a faithful woman. I remember her as a devoted Christian Catholic. She walked every day f

Truth or dare?

One of the things that is surprising to me today, is the low value that many people assign to their own promises. Teenagers don't believe their parents, because they never fulfill their promises; Couples say "I'll stand by you forever" and few months later they walk on the opposite direction; politicians make promises to earn votes, and once the election is done, they forgot about it. I remember one of the first things I learned from my grandmother it was the value of my word. "A gentleman always fulfill his promises, a man with no word has no honor" and I learned to live by that principle. Few weeks ago, I was having a discussion with one of the leaders on the youth ministry at Flamingo Road Church about some technical difficulties we were experiencing during the broadcasting of our Student Service online, and I challenged him to fix the failures, so if he would complete the task with no errors, I will do my hair like him... (He had a Mohawk haircut with

One of my happiest days

My son's Grad picture! I present you to the Lic. Jose Alejandro de la Mora