Skip to main content

3, 2, 1... Smile

I always liked photography. Since I was a Kid, I learn how to take Pictures, about exposure, light, Iso, Field Deep and so for. I build my own dark room and I remember that I worked like crazy to buy my first camera, to buy my first film roll and my first chemicals, then my second challenge was to get my own enlarger, that I got it few weeks later. It was a lot of fun for me and I became and amateur photographer. Whenever was possible I upgraded my equipment and accessories. I always kept my equipment safe, clean, secured. I was really jealous about to borrow any of my cameras or accessories to anybody.

Is incredible what happens when the time goes one. On the last two years I neglected to secure my stuff and some of my equipment changed ownership, 3 Digital Video Recorders and two digital still cameras. I was upset because at some point I uncared for, and some one else got it.

Recently I wanted to acquire a new still camera in order to use my old Minolta Lenses and accessories and after a fight between price, priorities and need… I decided to get a new Sony Alpha with 10 Megapixels, and this time I prayed (really) to God to help me to keep this camera secured.

Few days ago I received a phone call from the sheriff’s office at Weston, and it was a detective asking me if I own a Professional Camera, and if can I describe it… I immediately remembered that previous night I leave my camera on the car under the seat, I described and he told me that they catch a group of kids opening cars and taking things… and I was one of the victims… I was thankful to God, because even when I neglected once more, even before I noticed, God keep it safe. I just pray for those kids, and for the parents, to understand the importance to keep an open eye on our kids activities and friends.

When I was getting my camera and other stuff they took from my car, I ask the Detective how they find me, and he explained to me that they check on the camera’s pictures and there was one picture with a guy holding a certificate with a name on it, they seek for the name and it was a Weston address so they called me to see if it was me… The picture… it was the day I get my ordaining certificate from FRC…


From that story I learned few things:

One: Reminded me that we have to be careful to secure our things. This will prevent temptations for others.

Two: To value the police efforts not giving up getting the owners of the stolen goods

Three: Remember how important is to include God in our small things, like I prayed for God to protect that camera.

Four: Those kids messed up with the wrong camera.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Carrasco's... A Little bit of history, Part III

I know just a little about my grand grand parents, but I have the names and a picture. Lucecita GarcĆ­a Luna and Blas Carrasco, they had 19 kids… It's obvious there no was TV on that time. One of their sons, Eduardo Carrasco GarcĆ­a Luna, married MarĆ­a Contreras NuƱez, who was daughter of Vicentita NuƱez and Teodoro Contreras. They had five kids: Natalia, Eduardo, Alicia Solveigh, Manuel and Lolita. My Grandpa Eduardo used to work for the city of Tlalnepantla and he was recognized because his honest service. He was also a talented self taught musician, he played piano, violin and other musical instruments. He was always a family man, and he died in the early 60’s. I barely remember when he past away. It is one of my first memories, and it was a painful process for the family. My grandma moved from Tlalnepantla to Mexico city to live close to his two sisters Margarita (Mago) and Linda. Grandma was a faithful woman. I remember her as a devoted Christian Catholic. She walked every day f

Truth or dare?

One of the things that is surprising to me today, is the low value that many people assign to their own promises. Teenagers don't believe their parents, because they never fulfill their promises; Couples say "I'll stand by you forever" and few months later they walk on the opposite direction; politicians make promises to earn votes, and once the election is done, they forgot about it. I remember one of the first things I learned from my grandmother it was the value of my word. "A gentleman always fulfill his promises, a man with no word has no honor" and I learned to live by that principle. Few weeks ago, I was having a discussion with one of the leaders on the youth ministry at Flamingo Road Church about some technical difficulties we were experiencing during the broadcasting of our Student Service online, and I challenged him to fix the failures, so if he would complete the task with no errors, I will do my hair like him... (He had a Mohawk haircut with

One of my happiest days

My son's Grad picture! I present you to the Lic. Jose Alejandro de la Mora